Split pages in half de-imposing

K3NS4N

Hey people, Im here again with another question, I seen a video of Pitstop (VIDEO min 3.56) and I tried and triend, and I never got it :/

Somebody has idea how I can make that?

I using this pdf file.

Attachments

• 01-16 armado LIMPIO.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
The video demonstrates splitting 2up reader’s spreads into single pages.

The PDF file that you posted as a sample is imposed from Preps 8up, 4x2 - head to head.

Are you really trying to de-impose the 8up PDF? You would have the source files that were used in Preps, so why not go back to the source files, rather than trying to pull apart the imposed result?

Stephen Marsh

The de-imposing you see in the video was created using the 'split pages' action, this enables pages to be split horizontally or vertically so basically the 16pp is split vertically, then horizontally, then vertically again to get to single pages. It works well but needs to be adjusted for different imposition schemes.

If you want I can send you the Quick Run we used in the video so you can see how it works, but you will need to make some adjustments to get the page boxes correct for the imposition you have, drop me a PM and I will mail it to you.

The de-imposing you see in the video was created using the 'split pages' action, this enables pages to be split horizontally or vertically so basically the 16pp is split vertically, then horizontally, then vertically again to get to single pages. It works well but needs to be adjusted for different imposition schemes.

If you want I can send you the Quick Run we used in the video so you can see how it works, but you will need to make some adjustments to get the page boxes correct for the imposition you have, drop me a PM and I will mail it to you.

Thanks you, you have a MP

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back