Still Funny :)

MailGuru

This has actually been around for several years, but, thought I'd post it here to provide some humor for those who may have never read it. - Enjoy !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Tech Support:

Last year, I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new software began unexpected child processing that ate up disk space and valuable resources. In addition, the new sofware seems to have installed itself into all other programs and monitors all system activity on my computer. Applications such as PokerNight 3.0, OutWithTheGuys 2.5, and Football 5.0 no longer operate correctly, and, in fact crashes the entire system when selected.

I’m thinking about reverting back to Girlfriend 7.0, but, can’t get the Un-install to work on Wife 1.0.

Please help !!!

-Troubled User
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply From Tech Support:

Dear Troubled User:

This is a common problem that other users have complained about. There is a mis-conception that Wife 1.0 is just a utilities and entertainment package. Had you read the installation manual, you would have known that Wife 1.0 is an Operating System, and, it is designed to run everything. Once installed, it is impossible to un-install, delete, or purge from the system.

You can not roll-back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to allow this,
(please refer to the Wife 1.0 User’s Manual under “WARNINGS: Alimony, Child Support”). We recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.
Downloading the latest patch (“YesDear.11917688A5”) will improve the performance while alleviating some of the software augmentation/conflict.

Upon experiencing the inevitable, intermittent system crashes, down time can be shortened by immediately executing the C:\APOLOGIZE command. Ultimately, you will eventually need to execute the APOLOGIZE command anyway to restore normal operation of the system. Wife 1.0 is a great operating system, but, tends to be a little high maintenance.

Best of Luck

- Tech Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-MailGuru

Yes, but 2.0 still has a few bugs. For instance, it will not allow the installation of SecretaryWithShortSkirt 1.0

Yes, but 2.0 still has a few bugs. For instance, it will not allow the installation of SecretaryWithShortSkirt 1.0
Wife 2.0 doesn't allow that installation because it is actually an upgrade of SWSS1.0 after SWSS was bought out by investor and name changed. Wife 2.0 does not consider that prohibition a bug.

Warning - before upgrading to Wife 2.0 (previously known as SWSS1.0), you may want to closely-read the Licensing Agreement on your current version. If you have Licensed Wife 1.0 for 10-years or more, you will have to continue paying the fees on Wife 1.0 while ALSO paying for the new fees for Wife 2.0. It could get expensive.............

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back