Stingy FORMAX ColorMax 7 software & firmware upgrade

G

Got an email from Formax a couple days ago advertising the same old colormax 7 printer but at the bottom it said "Updated Driver / Enhanced Color Control / Updated Ink Usage Calculator".

Because we have 2 of them in production, I replied to the email and asked how we go about getting the software/ firmware upgrades for our existing printers? The reply was that the updates are only available if you buy a new printer. I'M EVEN A DEALER!

WTF??? It's the same exact printer as the two we already have! How greedy do they have to be that they won't even SELL software upgrades for their printers that people have already over invested in. Especially given that the software version / driver and firmware are flawed!

That's it! I've had it with these crappy Formax & Memjets..... onto an OKI for my envelopes I think?

My apologies for the rant, but I feel much better now. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back