Storefront -> Hp Indigo -> MIS connection?

DigitalJuan

Hi everybody,

Anyone who succeeded to connect Kodak's Storefront with Prinergy Connect with HP Indigo and 3rd party MIS system. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Yoan

DigitalJuan & roger,

I don't know about Kodak Insite Storefront, but Pageflex Storefront can integrate with various MIS systems (Pageflex call these 'punch outs'):-

SMA ProMail
EPMS
Avanti
PrintStream (last time I heard this was in development, but should be out by now)

There may be more than this, but this list is what I know of.

Also, integration is possible with other systems using APIs. Pageflex offer the APIs for their systems so all you need to confirm is that the intended MIS system also offers APIs for integration.

One thing to be careful of is that some MIS systems are very tight and don't allow access to their databases thus making integration more challenging (if not impossible).

Regards,
Smitty

There is one other print MIS system that Pageflex Storefront can integrate with:-

ePACE

I'll let you know of any others if I find out more.

Smitty

Roger, I know a printer who has PageFlex and is working with EFI to achieve some level of integration with Hagan OA. This same printer runs Prinergy from Kodak. While they have PageFlex's StoreFront as part of the total PageFlex package, they haven't implemented it due in large part to the fact that it doesn't integrate with Prinergy without more customization. This is all possible, but at a fairly significant cost. I know Kodak has a StoreFront solution also, and for Prinergy shops I think it makes a lot of sense to look at this due to the immediate integration you get. The Kodak reps I've talked to also say that it can integrate with MIS systems (ePace and Hagan OA come to mind) via the cXML language.

DigitalJuan & roger,

PrintStream (last time I heard this was in development, but should be out by now)

Printstream (from Streamline Solutions) does indeed interface with pageflex's web interface. Its part of their whole POD module for the system. From all the demo's I've seen it looks nice and the integration is virtually seemless from your customer's point of view.

Pageflex Integration - Streamline Solutions - Management Systems for Print, Mail and Fulfillment

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back