Strange behaviour of plates

ameyer

Hello all,

there are strange things going on in my Magnus 400.

The plates have a small unexposed area on one side. Here's a picture:

foto1o8bde.jpg

foto2zibtf.jpg

The strange thing is that if i turn the plates by 180 degrees they are perfectly exposed. I have no idea where this comes from. I cleaned all the holes on the drum ...

If anybody has any ideas ...

ameyer

It could be:

• a hot spot on the drum (dust or otherwise) - wipe down the drum
• if your laser is encased in glass, the glass could be dirty - wipe down the glass (don't touch it - natural oils on your hands will mess it up)
• it could be a suction or clamp issue on the drum itself
• doubtful, but it could be a bad batch of plates - open a new box with a different lot number and see if it still happens to test

Hi digitalatsigonedotcom,

thanks for your answer but as i turn the plates by 180 degrees everything is fine. That's what drives me crazy :)

Hi,

what plates do you use?
can you load the plate on the drum, and knock plate in unexposed places? is an air under plate?
Can you expose those plates on another CtP?

I'm using Fuji LH-PCE plates.

I'm pretty sure that there's no air under the plate because when i turn the plate 180 degrees everyting is fine. It can't be the plate itself causing this ...

Exposing on another CtP wouldn't proof anything because the plates are ok if they are turned by 180 degrees.

Thanks anyway

ameyer

We've had the same problem. I would bet it is just a very slight waffle in the plate (either when you put it in, or it forms as the plate is running on the drum. If you can fix it by rotating the plte, i wouldn't stress

Hi BeauchampT,

i don't stress - was just wondering. It's good to hear that someone else had the same issues.

Greetings

ameyer

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back