StrikeThrough varnish

Anthony Hyatali

Hi,
would conventional strikethrough varnish work with offline UV coating? Also, does strikethrough varnish work in-line with soft touch coating?

thanks,

I have not tried it, but my guess would be no to both, offline UV would definitely not work because by the time you offline coat it the varnish would be dry and UV would seal the varnish and instantly turn to a solid, strikethru needs to be able to migrate through the AQ coating inline. As far as soft touch it may work but you would be very hard pressed to tell the difference between the dull and soft touch areas not enough contrast...

yeah, I didn't think the UV would work offline. What is the difference between reticulation and strikethrough? or is it actually the same thing?
As for the soft touch, i'm not sure if it's the contrast the customer is looking for. Just the texture in certian area's of the sheet I think.

You need a compatible varnish and coating combination duo for this to work with UV inline. Kestar(Acegeta) makes several combos. They also make a texture varnish that runs with UV coating. As for soft touch, a second pass of uv print varnish or spot coating could give you desired effects as well,
Good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back