Xerox Booklet Maker Not Jogging Well

TJPrinter

I have a Production Ready Booklet Maker on my Versant 280 and I'm running a 12 page booklet on 100lb coated text and I'm getting a good number of booklets that are not being jogged well. I'll get sheets that are not jogged and off about 1mm or so. I set the page width to 10.9 and also 10.8 to see if it would help and it's no different. For now I took the job off and finishing it offline but I would like to know why it's not jogging properly.

Registration is very good. I tried going in the other direction and set the paper width to 11.1" instead of 11" and that seems to have solved the problem. Something most be off and I'll have to get the tech to look into it next visit. I don't see anywere that I can make an adjustment for the jogging.

Is it the cover sheet that’s different? If so you can actually change the cover trim width in the nvm settings. Could be it’s slightly off. If that’s what you think it might be I can give you the nvm number for our 3100 tomorrow and you can see if it’s the same for your 280.

I don’t have a trimmer on the booklet maker and it’s a self-cover booklet. The temporary solution for setting the paper width a bit wider than the paper 11.1” vs 11”, worked but it’s not an ideal solution. It’s 100lb gloss text (148gsm) long grain and only 3 sheets for a 12 page booklet.

The job left the shop and recycling was picked up already so unfortunately, I don’t have one left to take a picture of. It was random sheets that would not get jogged with the rest. It could be the cover sheet one time or one of the other two interior sheets. The random sheet would be out of alignment by up to 1 mm and it didn’t occur on every booklet.

I don’t have a trimmer on the booklet maker and it’s a self-cover booklet. The temporary solution for setting the paper width a bit wider than the paper 11.1” vs 11”, worked but it’s not an ideal solution. It’s 100lb gloss text (148gsm) long grain and only 3 sheets for a 12 page booklet.

The job left the shop and recycling was picked up already so unfortunately, I don’t have one left to take a picture of. It was random sheets that would not get jogged with the rest. It could be the cover sheet one time or one of the other two interior sheets. The random sheet would be out of alignment by up to 1 mm and it didn’t occur on every booklet.
What's the brand of the gloss sheet?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back