Substrate Storage

jdalsvig

Hello All,

I'm looking for a shelving system to store substrates that are used on the shop flatbed printer. Intent is to store the substrates flat, not on edge or vertical.
Substrate size is 96"x48".
I don't want to go with pallet racks or cantilever racks - they are overbuilt/too costly for what I need.
Any ideas? I can't find any shelving that will be easy to load with 96"x48" substrate that isn't overbuilt, really heavy and ridiculously expensive.
Thanks!

Hello All,

I'm looking for a shelving system to store substrates that are used on the shop flatbed printer. Intent is to store the substrates flat, not on edge or vertical.
Substrate size is 96"x48".
I don't want to go with pallet racks or cantilever racks - they are overbuilt/too costly for what I need.
Any ideas? I can't find any shelving that will be easy to load with 96"x48" substrate that isn't overbuilt, really heavy and ridiculously expensive.
Thanks!
You could use long span shelving, it's generally only 450 or 600mm deep, but you could place two, one in front of the other to create a 1200mm (48") deep rack

You should be able to find some with a Google search for horizontal sheet rack, they are about $1,100 and they will keep your substrate nice and flat. The shelf idea from Magnus59 is a good idea too, easy and quick to setup. If you're looking for something less expensive and you have the time and tools, the best bet would be to go with building a rack out of 2x4 lumber, plenty of diy plans for shelving.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back