sudden InDesign wierdness

WharfRat

All of a sudden - all of our MACs - InDesign are acting incorrectly.
- They do NOT report missing or modified links when opening a file.
- They do NOT report missing fonts when opening a file.
(It reports both during export - luckily)
- It is not handling profiles on photographs when importing - it is NOT honoring profiles.
Then ... once imported the links panel reports the link as having
"Document RGB" or "Document CMYK" - rather than reporting the photos "actual" profile.

Is this a worldwide occurrence?

MSD

Oh yes.
Also, it is the same old version of InDy 6 that has been running for a long time.
My InDy CC is working just fine.

MSD

sounds like someone "checked" warning boxes, and changed preferences. I would start with going into to preferences and resetting all warning dialogs. then, go into your color management and check your settings to make sure they are set to honor profiles, not replace them.
also, make sure you do this with no document open or the changes will only apply to that document instead of your defaults.

Hi WharfRat,

Although I have not seen this behavior here, have you by chance recently run any kind of diagnostic software on your Mac's that could have deleted various cache and other related files?

Best regards,
hp

How long have you had CC installed? When I installed the CC apps I had all kind of weird issues with the CS6 apps that I did not have prior. The main one is Acrobat 10 looks for the serial number ever time it closes. The other is Indy CS6 opens a client file fine I output a tweaked version such as bleeds or color with our job # and some of them will open with all fonts missing, quit the program same thing if I open the original file all the fonts are there. Both files open aty the same time and 1 is missing all fonts and will not see them in the find font option. I thought forcing us to go to CC was bad enough but now these issues jist make it a little more frustrating.

No diagnostics have been run
nothing with preferences or check boxes
It is MY machine and it is a jewell and well kept.

MSD

eeew! Extra frustrating then!
glad I haven't upgraded yet...I think I'm just going to wait a little bit.
Did you try the "wonderful" Adobe support you get with CC? Let us know what you figure out.
Good luck!

I am seeing the color behavior you're describing, but with InDy CC. CS6 is functioning normally.

Have you loaded any updates recently?

All of a sudden - all of our MACs - InDesign are acting incorrectly.
- They do NOT report missing or modified links when opening a file.
- They do NOT report missing fonts when opening a file.
(It reports both during export - luckily)
- It is not handling profiles on photographs when importing - it is NOT honoring profiles.
Then ... once imported the links panel reports the link as having
"Document RGB" or "Document CMYK" - rather than reporting the photos "actual" profile.

Is this a worldwide occurrence?

MSD

YES! I know this! Oh wait, no I don't. For a moment, that was describing Quark perfectly. Sorry.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back