Supplier Source: Non-Self Adhesive Digital Print Media on Rolls

Whitty2350

Hi Everybody,

We are a chocolate manufacturer based in Yorkshire, and we have been making square after dinner chocolates for some time now, originally only offering a foil blocked option (blocked over gravure printed wrappers which we stock in various colours), more recently having introduced the option of flexo. printed wrappers, and moving forward, hoping to put our foot in the door of digital printing.

We are therefore looking at purchasing a reel to reel digital printer (fundamentally a label printer) and slit re-winder to print full colour wrappers on demand, in any volume, which will allow us to explore some exciting new markets. The problem I have is that I cant seem to find the material we need in the right size (4" or 8" wide, 76mm core, 8" Max OD); everything I can find in this spec is self adhesive.

I have tried printing our existing material which I obtained through our flexo supplier but the toner wasn't taking to the paper very well which was a shame really.

So its back to the drawing board... I am looking for a supplier of material which:

1.) Can be bought in 8" and 4" rolls, max OD 8"
2.) Lends itself to being laser printed
3.) High tensile strength (to ensure the material doesn't snap on our wrapping machines)
4.) Is NON self-adhesive
5.) Between 100 and 180gsm

Does anybody know of any printers/converters serving this small area of the market? Or that might be in a position to do so?

Sorry if there's anything I've missed, don't hesitate to ask if any more info is needed, I've attached a picture of the product I'm referring to as a visual reference.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Rob

Neapolitan-selector-intro-pic1.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back