Tack Reducer

As with all additives it depends on how much you use. If a small cap full is recommended for putting in the ink duct then it follows that chucking 10 cap fulls will work even better (wrong). Adverse affects could range anywhere to increased dot gain, Poor solids, Poor ink trapping, Backtrapping, do I need to go on? Its all about how much you use and why are you having to reduce the tack? Are you doing this on your own or is your ink company recommending this?

Try petrolatum or what is commonly known as Vaseline.

1/2 oz. to a lb. is all it takes.

All benefits, no detriments.

D

Try Chinawood oil (Tung oil) or Linseed oil, both will reduce the tack and neither will affect dry time or an inks' litho properties.....

Little aggresive there Dan.

Also, not so good for those poor inkroom fellas who need to slip a finger full around the pooper shooter on those long hot, humid prickly days. Been dere, done dat.

This petrolatum can do no wrong; to ink, machine, man or beast.

D

I used a lot of petrolatum when I used to help out a friend of mine in the press re-building business. If you cover dried, caked ink with enough petrolatum and let it sit for a few days, it all comes off with a lot less fuss.

I used a lot of petrolatum when I used to help out a friend of mine in the press re-building business. If you cover dried, caked ink with enough petrolatum and let it sit for a few days, it all comes off with a lot less fuss.

Just one of it's thousands of uses.

Cat hairballs to blanket release, this is the cat's meow!

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back