TCP IP address

RGPW17100

Our SM52 uses pre inking through CIP 3. We were recently acquired by another printing company and after the move the CIP3 wont work and the monitor at turn on says there is a TCP IP conflict. We set the press up for static and we are assuming that the company that bought us is already using that address. How do we find out what that address is and change it. I know we have to hook a keyboard up to the press computer but I need to know how to find out what this address and fix it.

What operating system is it running? Go to the Start Menu/Settings/Control Panels/Network and Dial-up Connections. You should be able to find what you need there.

I'm not sure what type of operating system your press has, but if it's windows you need to go to Control Panel and:

Click on "Network Connections"; right click on "local area connection"; choose "properties"; select "internet protocol" and click on "properties".

You can change your static IP from there. (or change it to auto to find one)

Dave

Generally
it is better to leave that Heidelberg address
unless you plan on changing all the Heidelberg workflow
to see the new address.
Maybe easier to change the conflicting address.

MSD

We are now having problems where the computer wants us to press F1 for start up. This just started up on Monday. We will probably need a tech out here for this because last time it did this we lost our hard drive and all of our curve information. We will have him look at the TCPIP address conflict when he his here. Thanks for all the suggestions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back