Technique mis

I don't know much about it, except that I have been told that it has a high end price when compared to other comparable module based print MIS systems, however they will do bespoke versions of the software and custom programming.

In the interest of full disclosure, my company distributes a different* MIS system that is out of the box with no bespoke programming options. (*I am not going to say competing, as I have been told that one can't compare the two on price for features.)

Accura Print Estimating - Order Processing - Job Costing - Stock Control - CRM - The Print MIS System of Choice

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

What is your installed base and what is your largest installation? Also how many Canadian installations do you have?

Firstly, I don't wish to derail this topic thread on Technique-MIS. It looks like they have a great product - aimed at high end users with big budgets. As stated, I don't personally know much about the product, however I have been informed that it is not in direct competition with the MIS system that we sell, as our average system install is typically 1/4 the cost of a Technique-MIS average install.

We could start a separate topic thread about Accura if you like.

The installed base of Accura is over 600 sites globally. We are just the Australian region distributor/support/training. I am not sure of the stats in the north American market. If you would like to talk via live text chat, there is an option to do so on the Accura website linked above (the developers of Accura are based in the UK). If you would like an introduction to the developers, please contact me off list via a private message.

Sincerely,

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Cant comment on the Accura, but I have used and specified Technique MIS. It is a very good system, simple to use and set up with some good reporting which can be customised to suit your needs. Learning curve is very short so you can be up and running very quickly.

Being modular has worked well in my experience, they are happy to link in to any existing systems you have. JMF/JDF certified and also have modules that can be added to legacy equipment to collect data.

There are many different modules at different price points but i must mention the production planning module, it is excellent. They have also recently added iPhone and iPad functionality, I have had a quick demo on this and it looks good, nice quick quote function amongst other features.

Support has always been good, they are quick to respond and find a solution.

I would certainly include them any any shortlist selection.

Darren

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back