Test forms and media wedges

Paultheprinter

Hello all,

does anybody know of any free sites which have test forms to check my press? I know you can buy these and make them yourself but ive started a new job and there is a major difference between proofer and press, the press is printing to a standard output at standard densities and wanted to print a test from to aim the proofer at. I was also looking for a media wedge to put onto the proofs but onlyv one i can find costs a fortune. Were doing half sheet size offset printing on a sm 74 with conventioal inks. Any help would be great

Thanks Paul

Re: Test forms and media wedges

You can use the ISO 12647-7 Control Strip free of charge. Available for download at www.gracol.org. Gracol also has press test forms available for free, but they ask that you verify that you have rights to print the ISO SCID images included in it prior to downloading.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back