The Constant

gordo

278%20The%20Constant_zpsafswe23j.jpg

But, but, but...all the pundits and digi-press vendors are saying that this is the saviour of printing, and marketing, and climate change, and...LOL

I thought this augmented reality stuff was the next savior of printing (preceded by QR codes)?

The response to mail is headed the same direction of pay television hookups, DOWN. I get the mail look for bills and checks everything else goes DIRECTLY TO THE TRASH!

Keith, QR codes does anyone really use them? In todays age I wonder if advertising really does anything? Well the mail mans back still hurts and everyone makes less money.

David, people who think they are cool and cutting edge use QR codes and I'm not one of them. I think you kinda said it, if Apple makes a not very good product but they are immensly profitable, I'd say advertising is working quite well these days.

Keith advertising must be challenging as traditional venues are lost identifying new ones must be tough. Pay for TV providers have lost 685,000 subscribers last quarter, I don not even have broadcast TV, neither do my sons or daughters families. Phone web access and tablet is most of it, I do still have laptops. I do not subscribe to magazines and more magazines are closing then starting up. Apple and Harley still have their following from the old days but looking at the recent business reports from both companies I wonder how long it will last. Harley sales are according to people who seem to watch this are flat or down. Apple lost the phone lead to systems using Android, they've lost the computer business to thousands of other companies now the recent release of IPhone 6 and their TV has had cool revues even from Apple lovers. This is not to say it's either Apples or Harleys fault I believe the focus changes being forced on the really bad economy is causing consumer changes faster then companies can adjust. IMO fads like QR don't help it's fluff and no substance and substance is hard to produce but fluff is starting to get the bad wrap it deserves.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back