The New Workflow

gordo

228TheNewWorkflow_zps9f232112.jpg

We had a packaging prepress customer that used to stick their own “logo” on top of the hardware, as they had their own “brand” that they marketed their end product by (rather than using the vendor name).

Not to be confused with the common practice of “rebadging”, where say a proofing RIP vendor will licence their product to a OEM manufacturer that has not developed it’s own proofing software and the product has a different name, logo, modified interface but the internals are still the same.

Stephen Marsh

The inspiration for this 'toon came from my experience at Creo when they partnered with Heidelberg to sell CtP devices. One of our customers was a Man Roland shop and objected to the "Heidelberg/Creo" logo on their new CtP. So, AFAIK they ended up having the only Heidelberg/Creo CtP device that didn't include "Heidelberg" in the logo. The customer is always right (as long as they pay their bill :)).

Even more interesting is that many years later they replaced their Creo CtP - now Kodak CtP - with a Heidelberg Suprasetter, possibly the only one that doesn't have a Heidelberg logo on it. LOL

Last edited:
When I worked in packaging, we had the *creative & production* account for a large multinational soft-drink maker, however we did some *production only* (not creative) for their major competitor in the multinational soft drink market, so there was no conflict of interest…

We had a tour from the competitor that we did production work for.

There was a mad panic to (I kid you not) – wrap a soft drink vending machine that was on the premises in brown paper and unplug it so that it was not backlit, so that the competitors branding “was not visible”.

I am sure that they were fooled! :rolleyes:

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back