The "No Print Day" Initiative

No print Day!!! what is the basis of such day? Printing Industry is one of the major source of livelihood for numbers of people from all over the world. It is very rueful.

The book has some interesting points. Besides, there are other ways to go green other than not printing. Printing is indispensable still.

No print Day!!! what is the basis of such day? Printing Industry is one of the major source of livelihood for numbers of people from all over the world. It is very rueful.

I don’t get why the number of people employed by the print industry would have any bearing on the validity (or lack there of) of Toshiba’s No Print Day? “No Print Day’ was intended to be directed at unnecessary office paper waste rather than an affront to print. It's simplistic name and specious arguments lead to a gut reaction from the print industry. Perhaps justified, but I personally think it was an over–reaction and the industry’s own claims of renewability are themselves questionable. The drawbacks of plantation forestry are simply not spoken about, and the industry touts forestry certification (FSC and SFI) when it supports their cause, and bad mouths it at all other times.

good intentions gone bad

good intentions gone bad

I don't think Toshiba was singling out the printing industry. As far as I'm concerned they had good intentions but didn't anticipate the backlash.

And actually they are correct. There is too much wasted print. And not just office print but commercially printed items. Despite the pride of the industry and the bullshit the USPS would have you believe, 95%+ of everything we all print as marketing or direct mail ends up in the garbage.

Packaging. There's a waste if ever I did see one. From fancy cardboard, labels, paper, and hard as hell to open plastic packaging; it's all trash and gets thrown away. Food, shoes, whatever it is, the packaging is a ridiculous waste of earth's resources.

Printed paper. It's not that printed paper is bad it's just that there are too many lazy people that won't properly put it in the recycling bins or there's not bins around.

Mindset. A few of you have said that a no printing day would be bad because it's how people earn their livelihood. Well that may be so but it's a silly excuse with no merit. Every single toxic dump site that ever caused deformities, cancer, or deaths to people were once part of the gainful employment and enabled the livelihood of the people running and working in those facilities.

It would have been better to try and have a don't go to work on Fridays anymore day. I'd be all for that! There is so much waste and downtime and no need to make people work five days a week. The sad truth is that we are creating a future world of hell for our descendents and heirs. At some point we may end up with the ultimatum of changing global behaviors just in order to survive...or we may be too late.

I love cocky SUV drivers. It's my right to buy a big SUV and there ain't shit you can do about it...VROOOM VROOOM. Well that's true. For now anyone can buy things in waste and excess and it is their right. But eventually the day will come when things are so bad that our only option will be public transportation, a government standardized car, no transportation, or maybe we'll all fry in the end.

I don't think Toshiba was singling out the printing industry. As far as I'm concerned they had good intentions but didn't anticipate the backlash.

And actually they are correct. There is too much wasted print. And not just office print but commercially printed items. Despite the pride of the industry and the bullshit the USPS would have you believe, 95%+ of everything we all print as marketing or direct mail ends up in the garbage.

Packaging. There's a waste if ever I did see one. From fancy cardboard, labels, paper, and hard as hell to open plastic packaging; it's all trash and gets thrown away. Food, shoes, whatever it is, the packaging is a ridiculous waste of earth's resources.

Printed paper. It's not that printed paper is bad it's just that there are too many lazy people that won't properly put it in the recycling bins or there's not bins around.

Mindset. A few of you have said that a no printing day would be bad because it's how people earn their livelihood. Well that may be so but it's a silly excuse with no merit. Every single toxic dump site that ever caused deformities, cancer, or deaths to people were once part of the gainful employment and enabled the livelihood of the people running and working in those facilities.

It would have been better to try and have a don't go to work on Fridays anymore day. I'd be all for that! There is so much waste and downtime and no need to make people work five days a week. The sad truth is that we are creating a future world of hell for our descendents and heirs. At some point we may end up with the ultimatum of changing global behaviors just in order to survive...or we may be too late.

I love cocky SUV drivers. It's my right to buy a big SUV and there ain't shit you can do about it...VROOOM VROOOM. Well that's true. For now anyone can buy things in waste and excess and it is their right. But eventually the day will come when things are so bad that our only option will be public transportation, a government standardized car, no transportation, or maybe we'll all fry in the end.

Is it 5555 yet?

In The Year 2525 /w Lyrics - YouTube

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back