The Right Fountain Solution & Temperatures to Run - Somone Asked Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm appalled that you subscribe to this philosophy, though not surprised,

Thanks for your comment Alois.

The fact that you are appalled tells me I must be on the right track. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow didn't take long for this thread to turn into a slanging match.

D Ink Man:
No we haven't excepted a bundled deal
No our accounts department are not the people who choose what consumables we run
No we do not purchase our consumables on price.

It is our job as the operator of the machine to acquire the right consumables that give the best result. Unfortunately with the ever decreasing profit margin for consumable manufacturers a lot have started saucing cheaper or inferior raw materials or out saucing the manufacturing process to a location where they have lost the quality control they once had.
This can make life hard for the printer who has to try sort through the crap & quality consumable to get the best end results.

I've taken a different approach to many, instead of having a different rep for each consumable range or a rep that can only supply a specific range of consumables.
I have found a rep who can acquire the consumables from any given company, we have worked together to come up with a range that gives the best results on our press. We may pay slightly more but we end up with something that works and works well. At the end of the day I don't have a rep saying it's not our product causing the issue it must be rep ###### causing the issue.

Many thanks

Many thanks

Hello Erik,

Again I thank you for your "Wisdom" in knowing everything.

but try and remember not to get side tracked - and end up in China

Regards, Alois

Hello Erik,

Again I thank you for your "Wisdom" in knowing everything.

but try and remember not to get side tracked - and end up in China

Regards, Alois

I never have claimed to be an expert or that I know everything.

Time will tell if I know something that you have missed you whole working life. That will be interesting for everyone to find out. :)

Apologize for pummeling you today Erik, but you seriously contradicted what I had to offer the forum at Print Planet today. 180 degrees opposite of what I said.

No forget it, you owe me an apology and admittance that lithography is an ART, not a science.

Now go find your glasses and get back to the chalk.

The Artist, > D

Apologize for pummeling you today Erik, but you seriously contradicted what I had to offer the forum at Print Planet today. 180 degrees opposite of what I said.

No forget it, you owe me an apology and admittance that lithography is an ART, not a science.

Now go find your glasses and get back to the chalk.

The Artist, > D

Mr. D, I thought you were providing technical support and now you say you are providing artistic support.

OK, you are the artist. I can live with that. Impressionist?

Who is this guy >Erik<, Rocky Balboa?

This ain't the movies Mr. Theorist, this is the REAL WORLD.

And you are declared KO'd in any round of your choice.

Winner and still Heavyweight Champion of the World............

Winner by TECHNICAL knock out! T K O

D Ink Man

Last edited:
Just putting in my two cents worth since I can't use the cents in stores anymore. Very often printers only start measuring aspects of their manufacturing process when things go wrong. Instead what might be more helpful is if they document the process when it's working correctly. In other words have a data set reference of when everything is working properly. That helps to figure out what went wrong when things start to go wrong because they now know what the conditions should be if everything is working correctly.
The other issue that I see with printers is that they tend to change more than one thing at a time if they have a problem or if they introduce a new component. That ends up complicating their ability to isolate and figure out what the cause of the problem is.
Lastly, printers tend not to validate new inputs to the system before using them in full production. E.g. They don't check the performance of a new batch of ink, or the first plates of a new batch.

Gordo

An Itroduction to the Dance!

An Itroduction to the Dance!

Hello D Ink Man,

By virtue of my great age also the Majordomo on this forum, please allow
me to intoduce you to -

Mr. Erik Nikkanen, alias S. I. D. the Pressrom Poltergeist.

Regards, Alois

"Where would we be without a little frivolity"

ooops Introduction

Last edited:
Hello D Ink Man,

By virtue of my great age also the Majordomo on this forum, please allow
me to intoduce you to -

Mr. Erik Nikkanen, alias S. I. D. the Pressrom Poltergeist.

Regards, Alois

"Where would we be without a little frivolity"

ooops Introduction

Alois, I use my real name and therefore I personally stand by my statements.

People who use an alias can say anything they want with out personal accountability.

My name is D Ink Man.

I hope and trust that suffices for our forum members.

Peace Erik. Peace Alois. Peace D Ink Man. Peace Gordo.

Peace to ALL.

Let us carry on like the true professionals we all are.

We are all adults.

We all have some and perhaps many contributions to make.

PEACE be with us ALL.

d

Perhaps printing is a science which demands the skill of an artist?

CD102 Do you think that a packaging operation as big as your employer would chance anything to an artist in the pressroom adding chemicals with all of the regulations and insurances required?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back