Time keeping software?

jonkovach

Hi all,

Just wondering what other printshops/prepress operations use for time keeping? We do it the old fashioned way here - on paper, with a pen - but wondering if there is any really nice (and EASY to use) software out there that is made for doing this kind of thing?

All we track is the customer name, job number, and time spent. There are other operation codes, but we typically slug all our art time under one operation. Simple is easy, and it takes less time than breaking out scanning, retouching, setup, color matching, etc....

Thanks!
Jon

CSS Group has time keeping built in to our project management software. It is a very modular dataabse that can be implimented as you require.
Regards,

Steve MacKenzie
1-800-448-8432

MIS integration would be ideal in this case but unfortunately our implementation is not complete enough to really work for my department. I found a free product a year ago by the name of LogMyTask. The interface can be a little clunky at times but it can handle everything I need... Multiple team members, tag-able & searchable projects, and good tracking/export features. They recently released an AIR application too, making the software multi-platform which is also a necessity for me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back