Toner "chipping" on edges

Do a scratch test on the printed sheet in the areas you are getting chipping. You may find that the fuser is not properly fusing the toner. Also make sure you are using a "digital" sheet. They generally have a higher moisture content than offset. I would also give Challenge a call directly, they have a pretty good support team. They may have a recommendation on a different blade angle to have it sharpened.

Do a scratch test on the printed sheet in the areas you are getting chipping. You may find that the fuser is not properly fusing the toner. Also make sure you are using a "digital" sheet. They generally have a higher moisture content than offset. I would also give Challenge a call directly, they have a pretty good support team. They may have a recommendation on a different blade angle to have it sharpened.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

We are using digital stocks and have done scratch tests. Its not so much in certain areas. Doesn't matter if I do 10 sheets to 100 sheets - every single one of them chips and mind you they are under the clamp.
I've called a local blade company and they suggested increasing clamp pressure which we are about to try I will keep everyone updated if anything changes. Also he said if the pressure doesn't help then they are going to change the angle of the blade like Craig mentioned so we'll see what happens.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back