Toner supply dwindling from Xerox on the x700

Remanufactured Xerox laser toner for our printers

Remanufactured Xerox laser toner for our printers

I am running a print shop and sometime my big printer is down. However, I also have my desk laser printers to back up when the big one is not working. The thing it costs too much money to buy original toner cartridges for my desk laser printers. I see many online toner cartridge stores that sell remanufactured and compatible cartridges at a fraction of an oem cost. I wonder if I should buy from the brand name ones or the remanufactured ones. Has anyone experienced with remanufactured or compatible laser toner cartridges? Thanks.

Last edited:

At least Xerox is acknowledging the supply problem and what they plan on doing about it.

It could be worse, like say being a Kodak/Creo customer that has Prinergy and a Trendsetter. Even with a service contract we have endured recurring downs, then down for days at a time for what turns out to be a known problem and the part is not available. Apparently, Kodak/Creo is unaware that no plates means the presses are not running. Basically, the rest of the plant is affected not just one machine.

I must have missed the press release from Kodak stating that technicians, managers and their response center will ALWAYS be taking full responsibility for Kodak/Creo equipment on the FIRST service call:

Kodak support...are you kidding me?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back