Topsetter error E04 help

ctptech

has any of you guys had this . I’ve not visited yet but the plate images half way and then fails mid scan . customer has spoken to a Heidleberg engineer on the phone and they say it’s a board or diode but surely that would error before starting to image . I’m thinking more cable fault ?

My observations/comments are probably obvious enough and I an not familiar with this machine, but anyway:
It could well be a failing component on a board that passes the initial test but overheats and later fails.
I usually start troubleshooting by unplugging suspected boards, cleaning the contacts and re-inserting.
Same with the relevant power and data cables.
I often use an electronic contact enhancer material called "Stabilant 22" - just for "adding suspenders to the belt".

Last edited:
ctptech,
e04 is meaningless, the code must be 4-5 digits depending on model and firmware so ask your customer for the complete error code or post a screenshot of information > error log display. Can be anything really ... exposure head problem, leadscrew positioning fault, data path problem a.s.o. What topsetter model is it, is the machine able to run an internal test exposure such as focus or not, does the machine initialize correctly or not, give some context.

ctptech,
e04 is meaningless, the code must be 4-5 digits depending on model and firmware so ask your customer for the complete error code or post a screenshot of information > error log display. Can be anything really ... exposure head problem, leadscrew positioning fault, data path problem a.s.o. What topsetter model is it, is the machine able to run an internal test exposure such as focus or not, does the machine initialize correctly or not, give some context.
It’s E4eo04 error . Topsetter 74 thanks

Seems to be Exe04 excessive current in the LD driver board 4, if so check the laser diodes Iop values and make sure flat (FPC) connectors on cables going into the RH are correctly attached as sometimes they make poor contact forcing the driver to increase current to the limit - diode disconnecting. Is the carriage tripping onto something if moved right to left ... check loose wiring surrounding the RH. Check umbilical. Take a spare CAN LD with you just in case.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back