Total Ink Weights

Eggy

Dear all, I am pretty new to this forum but would like to know if anyone has a suggestion as to the total ink weight for the following:

Coated, Uncoated stock, Utilising ISO 12647/2 for sheet fed and heat set web offset presses
and is there a standard for Ink density as I have come accross varying examples, in the sheet fed arena as opposed to coldset newspaper ISO 12647/3 which is pretty standard across the board?

Many thanks

Thanks, how about just the Total ink weight for sheet fed in coated and uncoated then I can have trawl through the forum for the other bits and pieces, Best guess or actual experience would help. Thanks

The numbers I have heard are about 300-340 for coated (depending on inks and paper thickness, we prefer 300 for the sake of drying times).
And 240-310 for uncoated, there again we have been restrictive going for 240.

The numbers I have heard are about 300-340 for coated (depending on inks and paper thickness, we prefer 300 for the sake of drying times).
And 240-310 for uncoated, there again we have been restrictive going for 240.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back