Transparency Blending Color space

Cewa

Hi,

We are using Harlequin RIP ver9.0.

We are getting some PDFs (ver 1.7) with Transparence Blending space as Devics RGB (although all the images and vectors are CMYK)

When we RIP this PDF the dot values of the CMYK images and vectors change.

I was told that there is a setting in the RIP that can take care of this issue.

I am unable to identify this setting. Anybody aware if this setting?

Thanks in advance

Cewa

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the idea.

I have also tried flattening in Acrobat and it works. But I feel doing it in the RIP is more efficient as we need to deal with a lot of PDF daily.

Regards

Cewa

Agreed, however I can’t help with the RIP.

This is where PitStop Server comes in, hot folder automation, the output from the PitStop Server hotfolder can be the input folder to your RIP.

Stephen Marsh

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the idea.

I have also tried flattening in Acrobat and it works. But I feel doing it in the RIP is more efficient as we need to deal with a lot of PDF daily.

Regards

Cewa

Hi Cewa,

Just make sure that you're using the correct ICC profile during the conversion to get the optimal results. Ideally you'll have different workflows based on different substrates and ICC profiles that will feed your RIP/ reside in your RIP.

Greg

Hi,

We are using Harlequin RIP ver9.0.

We are getting some PDFs (ver 1.7) with Transparence Blending space as Devics RGB (although all the images and vectors are CMYK)

When we RIP this PDF the dot values of the CMYK images and vectors change.

I was told that there is a setting in the RIP that can take care of this issue.

I am unable to identify this setting. Anybody aware if this setting?

Thanks in advance

Cewa

​Can I ask what the source application was for those PDF files?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back