Transparency RIP Issue

metromike

We have been using XMF for 5 years and it's been pretty solid.
But this week we had a page that was multi up of the same thing and pages ripped differently.
I have never seen this on any RIP in my career.
I'm told that Fuji has a case with Adobe.
Anyone know anything about this issue?

Unknown.png

Great question but it was customer supplied out of InDesign.
I thought I would ask because I had a similar issue several months ago with a PDF file created by Canva. Although the project was digitally printed using a Heidelberg rip, I thought I would try rendering it with my Apogee system and this is what I got. As you can see, it rendered two out of the 6 positions correctly. Just to be clear, this was a single PDF containing a 6-up imposition of the same PDF.

To get the file to render correctly, I had to flatten it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 4.59.10 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 4.59.10 PM.jpg
    990.2 KB · Views: 43
I should have been more clear with my original post.
My real question is:
Is anyone aware of a known issue? As I mentioned I was told that Fuji has a case open with Adobe about this.

I did flatten the file and it ripped fine. Later I tried ripping with trapping off at Fuji's recommendation which also worked fine.

Interesting. When I first rendered the aforementioned Canva file, I was on Apogee v12. Now, I am on v13.5 and the Canva file renders all 6 positions correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back