trouble with ink keys

komori L528- after closing keys on unit 5 I noticed some keys where still not closed like the majority, so I re-zeroed according to the manual and everything looked fine, but.... after running a job and closing keys some where still open. Procedure i followed: 1. select unit 5,2. closed all keys to 0, 3.turned sweep on to 99,4. turned off unit selector, 5. idled press at slow speed,6. adjusted keys manually at unit. Did I do something wrong?:confused:

The ink keys on the komori can sometimes be tricky, what you need to look for is at the console select the unit in question look at the graph if the very top of the graph is blinking (99.5 key opening). It means that key won't respond. if you lock then unlock that key the flashing bar should go out. you should be able to zero set your fountain as previous mentioned. something to be aware of is, if the key do need to maintained. if your press is an older model where the keys slide away from the ball. That top metal plate should be removed and wiped down and keys should be wiped too. we would spray the keys with ink anti-skin after cleaning the fountains. The newer models have keys that pivot from the botton and that top plate should not be removed. With both types the front edge facing the ball should have dried ink (that can cause problems). If you varnish alot in that unit, that could give you problems. If time and money alows, it would worth it to have a Komori mechanic or demonstrator in. You could have problems with the key motors, and they can show that proper way to remove the keys and how to clean them.

Good luck!
-Dana

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back