Trueflow 3.1 & DCS Files

PaulK

I've got a question for any Trueflow experts out there.

I have a Photoshop .eps file that was created using 3 spot channels and a process black. Customer requested we make typeset changes, which I tried but the Photoshop eps won't let me add anymore layers. Tried placing it in both Quark & Indesign and making type additions there, and then exporting out either a pdf or a eps. In any case, once I drop it in Trueflow it does all sorts of weird things to the files when it doesn't fail it altogether.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing in Trueflow? Any idea's are welcome & appreciated!

You are going way back in my memory bank as I am on V 6 of tf.
As I recall you do an OPI and place the image in a certain area of TF.
Then, when you rip, you double click on the rip area and tell it to look in that area for the OPI.
As I recall, you have to save the original photo out of Photoship with all of the different files. IE, the main file and then each individual color file. That is a setting in photoshop right after you tell it to save.
You drag all FOUR of those files into the area on TF that you tell it to go and get when you rip.
Make sense?

OPI should work

OPI should work

Kaiserwilhelm is correct. You should have an OPI folder in General. If you don't, just create one, and copy your DSC file into it. Then go into your "Input" settings in your Trueflow Hot Folder/Job and under "OPI" you can turn on "OPI" and select the folder you want Trueflow to look when it is processing the image. I have attached a screen shot for your reference. Good Luck!

Attachments

• OPI Folder.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back