Truncated pdf in HP Z3100 preview

cainnech

I am having problems with printing out pdf files from Acrobat 7 Pro, (I have also tried using Acrobat Reader 9) to a HP Z3100 with a print size of 860 x 2100mm. These are set to print best quality and when the print preview comes up the image is truncated at about 2/3 of the way down. I have tried print as an image but the preview comes up blank. The file size is about 5.5Mb. Anybody have any suggestions please.

Ken

Last edited:
i guess you are printing through the hp driver. check your paper size settings, ratio/scaling, orientation... have you actually tried to print the file? try it as A3 for example to save paper and ink (you can also print it out on a small format printer with a ps driver); if it goes out wrong, then you know there really is something wrong with the file.
another option is to send the file to the printer through the embedded web server, also enabling preview...

Truncated PDF's

Truncated PDF's

The problem is that Adobe PDF's now open out when sent to printers. In this case we are Banner printing 850x2000mm! Sending to an ordinary Docutech will not solve any size problem as they work in a different manner. Was hopeful others had solved the problem without having to reduce the actual original file size and risk reduction in print quality. We have to take it into Photoshop reduce the lpi and print but it risks images incorporated in the file also reducing and the quality is not seeable until printed to full size - expensive! Any large format machines actually work extremely well without a postscript driver interface.
All thse problems only surfaced as Adobe started to "upgrade" Acrobat. We have no problems when we produce the artwork.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back