Trying to replicate the look of newsprint

Angie

Hello all-

Does anyone happen to know of a good CMYK breakdown that replicates the look of a newsprint stock? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

You could simply run your job on newsprint?
They do sell sheets of it, and does work on digital machines. We did some samples a while back on our low end black/white machine. Turned out pretty nice

Oh see you don't understand, that would take all the fun out my production manager's day. This is a one time short run on our 4 color 19X25 sheetfed press so he wants me to match the look of newsprint. UGH

oh well then...that's easy, just give him the make ready

(on a more serious note...I've never seen this done so I think your on your own? Maybe mess with the Black channel/GRC to give it a muddled look?)

oh well then...that's easy, just give him the make ready

(on a more serious note...I've never seen this done so I think your on your own? Maybe mess with the Black channel/GRC to give it a muddled look?)

Nah. ...that'd make it look too nice.

Convert to SWOP, de-saturate things then open it up in Acrobat and twist one of the colorants (yellow is my pick) so it has hopelessly poor registration. Print it. Then do some "Tie Die" like paper crumpling along with a little coffee stain for good measure. ;)

If you're REALLY good just do it all "on press." ...no computers.

Just convert your job into a newsprint colorspace using the Absolute Colorimetric rendering intent. If you need a profile, PM me.

Have had similar projects in the past.
For a couple of them, we actually scanned in a piece of newsprint stock and used that as our background for the design.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back