Upgrade Prinergy 5 to 6 (old jobs)

Alien

Hi everyone.

We use Prinergy Connect 5.2.2, thinking about upgrade to 6 version.

What happens when you upgrade to version 6 - the program will use the old database?
We have a lot of jobs and transfer them through the import-export is simply unrealistic.

There is an Oracle Update that has to be done during the upgrade process. Look at PartnerPlace for details. Once the Oracle Update and Prinergy Update are done properly everything should migrate over just fine.

Joe, would you recommend Kodak do the upgrade or you are ok doing it yourself?

I did it myself and didn't have any problems. The only time Kodak has to do the update is if the OS has to be upgraded at the same time. For example, our Prinergy 5 ran on Windows 2003 Server while Prinergy 6 has to have Windows 2008 Server. Kodak has to do the OS update if it needs to be done at that time. We had Kodak do the OS update and a few months later I did the upgrade from Prinergy 5 to Prinergy 6.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back