Upgrading from DC12 to DC 240

homeboy

We have a DC12 on Xerox service which we intend to sell. We just bought a used DC240 with EXP250 Fiery and Pro finisher. The 240 was under Xerox service, but the seller switched to third-party service for the last year or so. The machine is in good condition. I want to put it back under Xerox service but have questions here before I talk to Xerox.

1. Is the current DC12 service contract transferrable to a new owner?

2. If not, do I "convert" or "rewrite" the DC12 service contract from it to the 240?

3. I understand that Xerox will need to come in an look at the 240 before they put it back on service. Are there standard rates for this or can it vary depending on who happens to show up? (I'm assuming the machine won't need to be repaired in any significant way.)

4. I know I can go with service only, or service plus x number of copies included. But whichever one I go with, are these standard, i.e., off a Xerox price sheet somewhere, or do they vary from salesman to salesman? That is, if they are fixed, then it's end of story; I go with what the man says. But if they aren't, then I want to negotiate for the best deal just as I would with anything else.

I'm pretty sure service contracts are not transferable & Xerox (in the UK at least) charge a huge amount to service a machine prior to putting it on a contract.

If you want to have a Xerox contract you must contact Xerox before doing anything.

If you buy a machine that is not under Xerox contract and you want a contract they will inspect the machine and tell you what needs to be replaced before they want service it.

You understand that it can cost you a lot of money before they want to give you a contract.

if you are in the U.S., everything is standarized. Call 1.800.821.2797 and they will let you know what you need and how much will it cost.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back