URGENT! Save your Money!!

gtmo

Hello,

Hopefully is not too late! But do not upgrade to Quark 10 you are only able to print to inrip seps.

Quark genius solution is "Save down to Quark 9" then why buy 10.

Lets Boycott Quark!!!!!

Is this an issue nowadays? Maybe invest in a better RIP instead of the dead horse that is Quark!

It's funny because we never upgraded since Quark 8 and ask customers who supply Quark 9/10 files to re-submit the artwork as PDF's, yet still don't reject Publisher jobs. :|

It's funny because we never upgraded since Quark 8 and ask customers who supply Quark 9/10 files to re-submit the artwork as PDF's, yet still don't reject Publisher jobs. :|

We stopped at Quark 8 as well. We had pretty much gone to Indesign by that time, so I was never interested in investing more money into software that non of our clients use.

been saving my money since Q6 . . . got Q8 for free (i think) when adobe stopped the AASP program and offered it free to former AASP memebers . .. other than that I have no use for it.

For years I have been quoting a scene from Quigley Down Under . . . Quigley says "I said I didn't have much use for one. Didn't say I didn't know how to use it." he was speaking about handguns . . . I change the word "one" to quark . . .

nuff said:)

Still at Quark 8 here too.
The majority of the files we receive are pdf's.
We only had 2 incidents where a client has supplied Quark 9. One included pdfs and the other we had the client converted to pdf's when instructed.

Quark is still around?

We bought an upgrade to Quark 9 (from 8) and it wouldn't install. No idea why, just kept crashing every time we tried to install it on various machines. Sent numerous emails to Quark (at least 15 over the course of two months), placed numerous phone calls (at least 10 that I wrote down) Never got a single reply. Never got it working. Did get a reply from someone who claimed to work at Quark when I posted on a forum about the trouble I was having. They said to contact them directly (gave me an @quark email address). Sent three emails. Never got a response.

I just assumed they had gone out of business or stopped supporting their products at that point.

Another thing which will be "fun" in the days to come:

If you place a PDF that has objects that overprint into QXP10, QXP10 will remove that overprint-flag when you export as PDF.

Or easier:
placed PDF: overprint on
Export: overprint off

Besides that QXP10 destroys native transparency in placed PDFs as well.
Quark says they are working on a fix for the transparency problem, no word yet on overprints going missing on PDF export.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back