Using Acrobat Preflight

Bill W

Greetings,

A awhile ago I posted a question regarding Acrobat preflight reporting 100% tint as .1%. For instance when I used the supplied profile Prepress>Newspaper Ads, I get an erroneous 1% fill on type that is filled with 100%. I received one reply. I also received 1 reply when I posted a similar question on the Adobe Acrobat forum

Does this mean that this community does not find the preflight part of Acrobat to be something useful; valid?

I was planning to discuss the benefits of using Acrobat's preflight at a workshop, however if no one uses it, or the results I reported are valid, I am hesitant to spend much time discussing it.

Anyone want to "straighten me out" regarding the benefits and validity of using Acrobat's preflight.

I am using Acrobat 8.1.2 on a Mac.

Thanks to all that respond. If I receive no replies I will consider this thread dead and will quit exploring Acrobat's preflight.

-Bill-

Re: Using Acrobat Preflight

I am sorry I have not had enough time to test Acrobat 9, although it seems to have great potential.

Re: Using Acrobat Preflight

Acrobat 8 Pro's preflight module works exceptionally well. Do you have sample files and preflight configurations that I can test? I am a partner/reseller/trainer here in the US for Callas (the OEM of Acrobat's preflight module). I'd be happy to set up a webinar with you Wednesday, or any other time, if you like.

Please feel free to call me at 206-618-2537 or email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Bill,

could Matt solve the issue? I would also be interested in the file.
In Acrobat 9 you already find Preflight Profiles according the just released GWG 1v4 specification. I'd like to run your file against this profile.

If you are interested, please send file to p.kleinheider @ callassoftware . com

Best regards,

Peter Kleinheider
callas software

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back