using profiles ?

zBret

Ok first I dont use color profiles in quark 8.0 or CS4 I have color management turn off, my question is I have a client that uses quark, they have seen contract proofs from our HP5000 which is calibrated to a 80# gloss sheet (for the most part our proofs match our press sheet 90% -95% of the colors), I use the eyeone to calibrate and create Icc profiles for matching presssheet to proofer device HP5000, the problem is the client wants to lighten the entire booklet, reason being they like the color from the completed proofline booklet which is just a dummy proof trimmed to size and printed on a bond hp stock and stitched, can this be done by using default profiles in quark and reprinting to get different results in color output?
Ive never had a client request this, if so whats the best way to do this?
Hope it makes since,
thanks zbret

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back