Xrite iPublish vs Fiery Color Profiler Suite

awiggin13

What are the pros and cons of each software?
Our needs are to color calibrate between machines (both are xerox, Versant 180 and Versant 280), and calibrate for better matching digital press proofs. (These are not for clients, we have an Epson for that.)
We also are aware that color matching is nearly impossible, but as of right now we are visibly, miles away!

The down and dirty answer is CPS is easier to use and works well with Fierys. I1Profiler is more versatile, but has a little bit higher learning curve. I prefer i1Profiler, but CPS does a fine job.

You could trial a version of Profiler to see if it helps but being miles away seems to indicate that there could be another issue. I don't know how the license works from one DFE to another but is it possible to use the same ES2000 or whatever version you're using on both machines?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back