UV Coating equipment

Yes I agree, I would like to hear from more on the subject, to help companies such as ours to understand the market. Lamination should always be offered as an embellishment at a higher value than any coatings. There are coatings in the wind that may change this, but as far as add on value with good profit only spot UV gains the sort of margin that lamination does. Mainly because it is perceived like foiling as a product. But the missing info we need is what quantity of sheets do operations out there see them using either the scuff factor or the embellishment factor.
Put it this way , we have a tiny laminator at $5000 that laminates one side at say 700 sheets per hour or 5600 sheets per day,laminates 2 sides at once at the same speed, can be set to use 1.2mil high gloss anti curl nylon or basic polypropylene, then change to heavy weight 3 to 10mil polester laminates for menu covers, ID cards etc and recently we've discovered we can create foil effect on it using the toner system of foils. We do not put this into the scuff or "somewhat visual" arena as we don't know where it fits, but at shows down here we sell all we have?
So yes, I'm going to shut up for a while and hope more members chip in.

I'm new here but like to show what we use, as we are in the market to serve other printers for their UV Needs.

2008 28x40 Sakurai Screen Cylinder Coater, with OLEC dryer and Stacker.
We run at a average around 2800 sheets per hour.

YouTube - SAKURAI UV COATER

Graphic Coatings, Inc
Santa Fe Springs, Ca

OutSourceD
We have a coater that will lay down a coating on this unit.

It will coat both UV and Aqueous. I have sold equipment that does both so I am very familar with both coatings and lay down.

Bizhub 6500 uses a wax instead of a fuser oil and this why having the right coating is important to get a nice smooth finish.

I can get you more iformation for you. let me know

I've looked at UV coaters from Gala Equipment as a solution to UV coat output from Konica Minolta systems. Their coater will work with KM polymerized toner as well as Canon's toner. Any other toner as well as long as it does not have fusing oil.

The Gala is a well built compact unit with integrated safeties.

Gala Equipment

btw.. I don't work for Gala...

Good Luck.

Do these offline coaters coat any stock upto 110#?

What machines are used to apply AQ coating and can this be done offline?

I only run digital printers, no presses that is why I am asking.

UV Coating stock

UV Coating stock

They can actually run 80lb Text weight stock. With this machine you can do UV Coating or AQ Coating. We are a Fluid formulator, so we mix and prepare the UV Coating and the AQ Coating for your specific needs. When you provide us the type of Digital engine you are running, we can specify the right Coating for the application.

If you would like, you could send me some samples and I will Coat them to you.
Email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

I will be in the market soon for an offline UV coater and wanted to see if people out there had any feedback on machines etc.

A few years ago (3) when I went to Graph Expo there were only a couple of suppliers with coaters and now it seems like everybody has one. Back then it seemed like the long conveyor was important for flow out on the coating and now many conveyors are shorter...or even non existent. Equipment vendors say the coatings have changed so this is not necessary anymore. Companies like Tec Lighting and FMA (some of the originals guys in it) have not done away with their conveyors so is this due to the fact you really do need the long conveyor, or are they just not adapting/keeping up with the times?

I spoke with a Duplo dealer as well about their machine and it looks quite good but costs quite a bit more.

I presently do AQ on cards and personally am not a big fan of UV as I prefer the look of gloss AQ. I also need things to be writeable as many people want to be able to write on the cards. I do understand there is some writeable UV coatings as well as less glossy coatings available. I am getting some samples done up.

Any thoughts.

Tec Lighting launched new models in April at the On Demand Show. These new models have much shorter footprints (10.5' - 12' including auto feeder). The UV coaters were very well received during the show due to added features such as built-in IR dryer and very affordable prices. Visit Tec Lighting and give me a call at 714-529-5068 to discuss your requirements.

mannyC

We have a UV coater than can apply AQ coating as well. Our UV coater is for both digital & offset prints. Call me to discuss your requirements at Tec Lighting 714-529-5068.

mannyC

We have a UV coater than can apply AQ coating as well. Our UV coater is for both digital & offset prints. Call me to discuss your requirements at Tec Lighting 714-529-5068.

mannyC

Hello Manny, Still selling UV Lamps ?? Give me a call to discuss pricing.

Thanks

Gala Equipment has just released a new system that is portable with only a 3'x3' footprint. Saw a demo yesterday and the quality is very good. They also have larger models that run from 18" to 26" sheet that are still very compact.

Gala Equipment's systems are designed to run with toner-based printers like the Bizhub. Call me at 602-540-0566 for more info.

We are looking for a UV coater that will lay a coat on output from the Bizhub 6500.

The Gala Equipment Compact UV Coater systems are specifically designed to use with toner-based output. The Micro model is available for $12,000.00 and will run 2200 12x18 sheets per hour. Larger models are also available. Contact Sam at Gala Equipment at 602-540-0566 or [email protected].

Can these units handle smaller stock? I was talking to a local finishing house 2 yrs ago who offered UV coating for us to outsource too but it had to be no smaller then 12x18 and had to be coated stock. We are an all digital quick print shop so it was rare to have many jobs to fit their specs.

UV coating machine

UV coating machine

Can these units handle smaller stock? I was talking to a local finishing house 2 yrs ago who offered UV coating for us to outsource too but it had to be no smaller then 12x18 and had to be coated stock. We are an all digital quick print shop so it was rare to have many jobs to fit their specs.

yes, the smallest width is 50mm,

The new models of Tec Lighting UV Coaters come in small footprints with shorter conveyors because of the standard IR lamps which helps in the flow-out of the coating and helps eliminate the "orange-peel" effect. Tec Lighting's new models continue to have the same reliability as the older models and very affordable too. Call me at 714-529-5068. I'll be happy to share many good experiences with our happy customers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back