UV Coating equipment

Taki makes a very good UV off line coater, that is wonderful for an installation in a printer's plant. There will be no problem for energy and undercure. There are 3 lamp banks, and you only usually need only one bank to get adequate cure. Best UV coating is hard to say. Don't necessarily go with the lowest cost (cheapest caoating). But make sure you have a UV technician for the coating product work with you intimately upon start up; to ensure you are getting the finish, smoothness of lay and proper curing rate. Over curing can be as bad as under curing. This tech guy should spend no less than 5 working days on your floor when they start running product. Then, going forward, he should be available within 12 hours to be on your floor to provide service should you run into any problems. Need that service, believe, it is crucial, as in any endeavor in our industry.

Uv roller coaters uv lamps uv coatings

Uv roller coaters uv lamps uv coatings

Short UV Coater!!!!!!????????????? Yep, we have them plus all the answers you want to know about UV Coating! IR on our system is standard, very little clean up required as well. Start up time is very short. Probably the easiest UV Coater on the market to learn and operate.

Call me,

hours are 24/7/365 :)

uv coating

uv coating

Can these units handle smaller stock? I was talking to a local finishing house 2 yrs ago who offered UV coating for us to outsource too but it had to be no smaller then 12x18 and had to be coated stock. We are an all digital quick print shop so it was rare to have many jobs to fit their specs.

yes,that's right.you can add my msn [email protected]

Tec Lighting has UV coaters that can UV coat min. sheet size 4" X 5" coated stock. Reason that it needs coated stock is because the UV coating tends to be absorbed by uncoated stock. Since the coating is surface cured, the gloss effect when cured is not visible since it is absorbed by the substrate.

For more information, please feel free to contact me at 714-529-5068

Manny C

We just installed our first UV Coater. We bought a 25" Tec 'Lighting coater. We drove to California to pickup the unit. We were trained at their factory. I have to admit I was very impressed. They were very helpful and patient in training on the machine. I would highly recommend Tec Lighting's UV Coaters. We looked at many different types at Print 09 and were impressed by this unit over all others simply because of the quality, and most importantly the price. Thanks Moses and all of the people at Tec Lighting. We will definitely buy with you again.

There is a new feature with the Count Machine. You can feed it with one of there Digital Creasers. Now Crease and UV coat inline starting under $20,000 or just use the creaser as the automatic feeder. Sweet deal!

Great Machine

Great Machine

We just recently purchased a 25" UV Coater from Tec Lighting and I've been very impressed with the machine and their support. We looked at many other units at Print 09 and by far this machine gave the best finish and one of the biggest selling points for us was that it is manufactured in California in the good ole USA which makes getting parts very easy. We use ours to coat both our offset and digital work. So far, great machine. We drove to Southern Cal. to pick it up and had the opportunity to be trained on it;s use while we were there. We also watched them assemble the unit from the ground up. I highly recommend this unit to anyone that is in the market.

I have mutliple size coaters from 18.8" up to 29.5". All my coaters can be feed with our Creasers and Perf Score units or with our pile feeders. All XDC coaters have 3 IR lamps for total cure on the Konica engines.

YouTube - Graphic Whizard UV Coater VividCoater XDC Series and Transport
YouTube - Graphic Whizard VividCoater Micro
YouTube - Press Specialties Universal Feeder on a Graphic Whizard Vivid Coater Micro

Graphic Whizard - Numbering Machines - Creasing Machines - Print Finishing Equipment - UV Coaters - Bindery

Call me anytime to arrange for a demo at your shop.
James
760-212-4206

I was wondering if I would find Graphic Whizard in this thread. I will have to admit that I wasnt expecting to see James posting here. We are hoping to get a chance to run some samples on the new Graphic Whizard UV coaters and possibly purchase one of the creasers to feed it which would be a great combination for our shop. We are definitely excited about their line of products. I did get a chance to see their smallest unit in action a while back and was impressed with the quality from a small hand-fed unit. I will be sure to post back here once we have run our samples.

Pulled the trigger

Pulled the trigger

We got a chance to view the UV Coaters offered by Graphic Whizard over the weekend and were extremely impressed. We purchased the 18.8" coater and will manually feed until we purchase the creaser and transport.

The machine will be delivered and installed tomorrow afternoon and we will begin using it immediately. I will post again to let everybody know how pleased we are with the machine after about a week of use. We have made some great purchases in our shop as we have grown and nothing has excited us more than this new UV coater.

We do have a small format UV coater from Drytac that is the 12" model if anybody is interested. We are wanting to sell it off so we can move forward with other purchases so we are willing to let it go at a great price. The quality of the machine is great and would work well for anybody doing short runs and needing the small footprint it provides. We have had it for a little over a year now and have finally gone full production and needed a faster machine with the ability to be auto-fed in the near future.

There are many different reasons and applications when deciding which UV machine to purchase. Yes, there are now many options both long and short machines. First you must look at what machine is printing the piece you wish to UV.
Konica and Cannon and some others use wax in their toner. You can not get UV to adhere to the toner unless you have an IR dryer on your unit. Without the IR the UV "OIL" will scratch off after it is cured. If you are printing on a RICO or XEROX you do not need an IR unit for that purpose, but the IR does cause the "OIL" to spread. Most manufacturers sell different size machines. If you are a qucik print shop and you need the IR for business cards and not much else, get an inexpensive small machine. If you will run up to 13 x 19 sheets and want to build a UV business, get a 25" machine. You will want to run in the short direction. If you will run 1,000 sheets at a time you will want a sheet feeder. Make sure it has a press type feeder and not a friction feeder. Friction type feeders don't work, trust me! If you are running full size sheets get a UV that will work with your largest sheet size. I went through a lot of agony with the wrong machine. email me if you have any questions. [email protected]

does anyone ever uv coat matte polypropolene.

The entire application is important to know. Poly products are sensitive to heat, so the challenge isn't laying down a coating, it is not damaging the stock with the heat generated by the UV Lamp. We do have Cool UV options for this process. The first thing is going into detail with you on the application. You may want to send us some samples for us to test. We can do all the evalutions with your samples and let you know what are the possibilities for you.

Let me know [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back