Variable data files as a service?

lsynadinos

I'm looking to branch out on my own with w2p storefronts and variable data programming. I'm wondering if there is a market to provide VDP programming and file creation (PDF) for printers who may not be able to invest in VDP software and are missing out on jobs because of it. I'm skilled in XMPie both from the production, ecommerce and system administration end. I have a proposal for the software I need, but committing to a monthly payment like that can't be taken lightly.

Liz

abc

Just a note of caution, make sure that quote for the software covers that you want to use it as a service to charge others.
The standard End User License Agreement probably does not allow the software to be used that way.

Digital Press Guy

There are already several providers doing exactly what you are considering with Jet Letter software. PSL Page Builder is more affordable alternative to XMPie. You can do everything XMPie can do and more with flexible acquisition alternatives.

lsynadinos

There are already several providers doing exactly what you are considering with Jet Letter software. PSL Page Builder is more affordable alternative to XMPie. You can do everything XMPie can do and more with flexible acquisition alternatives.
Thanks for the info. I primarily need eCommerce print that supports complex variable data products. I'm thinking using the system to offer VDP as a service could generate additional revenue.

lsynadinos

Just a note of caution, make sure that quote for the software covers that you want to use it as a service to charge others.
The standard End User License Agreement probably does not allow the software to be used that way.
Thanks for the warning. It's covered.

De-Inking

Avanti
Sustainable Printing Goes Far Beyond Using FSC Certified or Recycled Paper
This informative paper on deinking: demand, principles, problems and solutions also explains why printing technologies are not all equally compatible with paper recycling systems; and why just a small fraction of printed material in the paper can cause difficulties.
Link To White Paper