Variable data files as a service?

lsynadinos

I'm looking to branch out on my own with w2p storefronts and variable data programming. I'm wondering if there is a market to provide VDP programming and file creation (PDF) for printers who may not be able to invest in VDP software and are missing out on jobs because of it. I'm skilled in XMPie both from the production, ecommerce and system administration end. I have a proposal for the software I need, but committing to a monthly payment like that can't be taken lightly.

Liz

Just a note of caution, make sure that quote for the software covers that you want to use it as a service to charge others.
The standard End User License Agreement probably does not allow the software to be used that way.

There are already several providers doing exactly what you are considering with Jet Letter software. PSL Page Builder is more affordable alternative to XMPie. You can do everything XMPie can do and more with flexible acquisition alternatives.

There are already several providers doing exactly what you are considering with Jet Letter software. PSL Page Builder is more affordable alternative to XMPie. You can do everything XMPie can do and more with flexible acquisition alternatives.
Thanks for the info. I primarily need eCommerce print that supports complex variable data products. I'm thinking using the system to offer VDP as a service could generate additional revenue.

Just a note of caution, make sure that quote for the software covers that you want to use it as a service to charge others.
The standard End User License Agreement probably does not allow the software to be used that way.
Thanks for the warning. It's covered.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back