Variable Data Printing Software

TW@TCPT

Hi,
We are looking into updating or changing our VDP software(currently using HP Smartstream) and we're looking for any feedback on the following solutions...Xmpie, Fusionpro and Pageflex. We are producing all types of products with Smartstream now from simple mail projects to complex image swaps on short to intermediate run length projects. Any feedback you might have on any of these solutions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

DCurry

This topic has been addressed in great detail - I would recommend searching this forum first and then come back if you have specific questions that were not already addressed.

Fyshy

Searching is no fun Dan...
We use FusionPro but I think there must be something easier to use. Our jobs are mainly addresses for newsletters and letter mailings, postcards, and ticket numbering. I would appreciate something easier to use than FP. If I have Fiery Command WS 5 does that mean I can use Free Form? Thanks.

OffsetStorefront

I believe so - they have a free version of Free Form they give away that can do simple stuff (check your Fiery Software Manager for the install) and a crazy expensive version of Free Form that ostensibly does more.

So You Want to Invest In Inkjet

I Want to Invest in Inkjet, But…
Over the past few years I’ve watched a group of transactional and direct mail printers strategically shift from monochrome toner machines to full-color toner and inkjet presses. Most banished old black-only toner boxes but kept their color toner devices around because they anticipated needing both color inkjet and toner presses to meet customer needs. They were right then and continue to be right today. Because toner and inkjet can be better together. Read the Post