VDP software with API and a topnotch webeditor

spurk

Greetings guys,

Im interested in a web2print solution that offers a API that makes it possible to make custom applications. Another requirement is a good web editor.
XMPie seems to be one of the better options but there might be some other solutions i have not heard about yet.

Any ideas is welcome.

Sincererly,
Spurk

For our web to print we use Xerox Freeflow, even though we use XMPie for Purls. What do you mean by custom applications?

Thank you for your quick reply.
Without going into specific details we are basicly going to make our own store but we want to buy the engine from a company.

Here is a following example:
We buy xmpie and they provide us with uProduce and the xlim webeditor. When then make our own uStore that fits our need.

I know this would work but i also like to see what other options we have out there then just xmpie. Does Xerox freeflow have a editor like XMPie does? And a API?

I checked around a bit and I couldn't find any mention of a Xerox Freeflow web editor. We basically use the Xerox Freeflow backend, and design the site in Dreamweaver, which gives us maximum flexibility when it comes to the design of our Web-to-print sites. The good thing about Freeflow is that it connects directly with our printers (like the iGen3). So the customer picks what they want, uploads their images / database / text, and it goes directly to our printers.

With XMPie alone, I think the output would be a printable document, but you would have to send those to the printer yourself. You could probably work around this by setting XMPie output folder to a printer monitored hot folder.

As for API, Freeflow was designed with maximum connectibility (esp to Xerox printers), so I don't think you'd have trouble finding something suitable.

I think the store engine you want to use will probably be determined by the volume and type of sales you will be doing.

Yes sorry I misunderstood what you were talking about. Freeflow does not have an online editor for print designs like the video you linked to.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back