Vectors from Photoshop

WharfRat

I know about getting vector files out of PS.
-
Yesterday I was playing around with trying to get vector "Smart Objects" out of PS.
I created the Smart Object and could open it through Photoshop in Illustrator - edit it and have it return to PS updated
but
when I saved as a Photoshop PDF (PDP)
all of my type retained the vectors but the smart object always ended up rasterized.
-
Does anyone know the procedure for smart objects retaining vectors out of PS?

MSD

Unfortunately - as far as I know - you can not do that. The best way to eliminate this problem is setting up your vectors in illustrator, your rasters in photoshop, and put them together in indesign. Why would you want to put a vector into photoshop just to get the vector information back anyway?

As Magpie says better to move place the photoshop in a vector program if your goal is vectors. Smart objects are rendered in the current ppi, as are text objects with effects.

The "vectors" in Photoshop are for native vector/text items or for path objects brought in to Photoshop's paths panel.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back