Versant 80 Price

TatumLD

Hello. We're looking at leasing a Versant 80 that our dealer took back (not sure why) and wanted to know if the price they're quoting is reasonable.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

169,000 prints

Versant 80 with light production standard finisher ---- $40,011
--- Motor upgrade kit ---- $3,765
--- Two tray high capacity feeder ---- $6,235
--- Xerox EX 80 Print Service with Fiery s/w, Graphic Arts Basic Pkg & Impose. Stand, monitor, color profile site & spectrophotometer ---- $23,991

Subtotal ---- $74,002
Demo Discount ---- 17%

Total ---- $61,420

Color .06 / month
B/W .008 / month

Where are you based? If you're going to be paying that sort of money I'd be asking other dealers anyway.

We're a low volume shop near Portland, Oregon. We tested a few other machines but most failed miserably at printing on heavy-weight, textured stock. The Xerox did the best but the cost of the machine seems high. Is that normal pricing for a Fiery?

Honestly doesn't seem too bad to me. The fiery might be a little high, but if it is it's not by much. I thought I was gonna vomit when I saw the price of our fiery for our 1000i.

When you say your a "low volume" shop, what are we talking, 20k clicks a month, or 100k clicks a month? It might be that the versant just isn't the right direction for you to go.

You can't really compare as I'm in Dublin, Ireland and we've finally just signed on the dotted line for a brand new V80......after two years of delays.

It looks the exact same spec but is referred to as the Performance Package here so is an all inclusive price, no breakdown. We average 50k-60k per month.

Purchase price of €43K incl vat (€35K + vat) and colour @3.95c and black @.075c

.06 is rather high. Our J75 is only .049 and our Ricoh is .036. The Versants couldn't run the deep textured stocks that ran fine on the Ricoh 7110, which in 90 CPM and less money.

I have had a J75 for 3 years very unhappy with its performance, a constant battle it was suggested I go to a versant 80 any thoughts? recommendations?

Disappointed because we have a Xerox 700 and it runs great

I seriously this it creo vs fiery issue

Our machines have click charges between 4.3 and 5.4 cents per click, and a click is any size sheet up to 13"x26".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back