Versant Low Power Mode...

kdw75

Our service rep recently told us they had received a memo on the Versant 2100, saying that we should set our machine to go to low power mode in 30 minutes, and sleep shortly after. Saying that this stopped the fuser from running all the time, and lengthened life substantially. Then stated we should make sure to group our jobs together as much as possible. Being a small shop, I am constantly finding that the machine is waking up, warming up, and not able to accept paper tray setting, because it is asleep.

So does it make sense that it would be better for the machine to be constantly going in and out of low power mode, and sleep, versus staying on during the day???

I was told the same thing and they set ours to go to low power mode after 30 mins. Only takes a minute or two to be ready to print again so I have no complaints.

Never had any issues before this to say if it is actually making a difference with anything.

Ok. Not fully understanding how it was set up, I always assumed it was like a light bulb, and it wore out sooner if you turned if on and on, rather than leaving it on during the day.

If it didn't have to call home every two hours that would seem to keep things from running as often.

Ok. Not fully understanding how it was set up, I always assumed it was like a light bulb, and it wore out sooner if you turned if on and on, rather than leaving it on during the day.

I think with it on, it is doing something in the background ever so often, not sure exactly what it is but that was my understanding. When in low power mode it does not do this mystical thing and thus extends the life of the component.

I have seen other machines have issues where it would wreak parts in the fuser leaving it warmed up and idle for a long time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back