Visual image of the file structure

I am about to purchase a new external hard drive and my current file structure is extremely disorganized...
So, before I transfer the files to the new drive I would like to do a lot of housekeeping and reorganize my file structure. Is there a way to print the entire file structure of hard drive?

I would like to print the structure so I can highlight/make notes and visually decide how I want to organize my files first, and then see how best to tackle this frustrating project.

I remember back in MS DOS days, you can view the structure...and I believe you could also print what was displayed. But I've forgotten how to do this...

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Open a DOS-window (in windows), navigate to the desired folder and type:

dir /S/B > list.txt

That leaves a txt-file in that directory...it might get big :)

(Try "dir/?" and play around with the options)

Also check the "tree" command. Prints out a tree structure list from the command window. Use it as above tree > tree.txt. When you open the file, use the "terminal" font to get it to display correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back