wanted details OF VARI DAMP

Sir,
i have purchased one p-44-8 1992 model planeta polygraph super variant machine. I have one doubt because the manual of vari damp is missing. Is how tot check the varydamp in this machine. Please help me.

B regards
p.prakash prabu

Sir,
i have purchased one p-44-8 1992 model planeta polygraph super variant machine. I have one doubt because the manual of vari damp is missing. Is how tot check the varydamp in this machine. Please help me.

B regards
p.prakash prabu

Set dampner form to plate = 6-8mm
The best way to set dampner form to chrome is to back OFF the chrome setting then idle the press, throw the ink form rollers ON. Turn ON the water and the plate should roll up solid. Now tighten the chrome setting a little at a time till the plate cleans up.
Setting the bridge roller make sure the bridge is touching the dampner form roller if not there are bolts under the bearing to lower or raise. Press stopped turn dampner on "like you would stripe dampner" now look at the gap between #1 form and bridge roller. Should be a slight gap 1-2 mm "not touching" If you need to adjust bridge in or out loosen the 19mm nut on the right side of bar then turn the big bar, you might need a pipe wrench.
Now if the bridge isn't square there is a nut on the lower part of the bridge cradle move that nut to move the bridge in or out to square it. Hope that helps you out

Harley Man

I absolutely agree with Harley Man. It is important on this dampener that the chrome roller not be tight enough to the form roller to cause it to scrape, but rather allow it to slide or slip smoothly, as there is a considerable difference in roller surface speed at that point. Otherwise there will be problems with ink water balance and streaking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back