Wanted: Used Platemaker CTP machine for Non Profit

robbg439

Hi everybody,

I desperately need to find a used platemaker or similar machine to purchase.

Here's the deal. I'm an art printmaker by trade. I just received a grant to help a small, underprivileged community get an abandoned 2-up hamada press up and running. The idea is that the community can learn a new skill, and use the printshop to make posters and small publications for both artistic and activist reasons.

I think toner-based ctp is the best way to go in this situation. They seem to offer reasonably good quality. Run life isn't an issue, as I can't imagine needing to ever produce more than a couple thousand prints on a plate. And the fact that there's no developing chemistry involved seems good. Inks, cleanup solvents, and fountain solution seem like enough potentially dangerous substances to deal with.

The grant's not huge by any stretch, and there is a deadline factor here. I used to see a lot of these machines pop up on Ebay, but now when I really need to get one, they seem to have disappeared. I figured someone on here might have a lead on a shop that is trying to offload a piece of equipment of this type.

Thanks a lot

Gary

CtP

CtP

If you want under 10k and top flight quality long run and less headaches than Laser Toner Plates think Polyester Ript...I have 2 now for sale. These systems are backed by 12 years experience in this equipment and workflow from networking to ink on paper. West Coast will deliver, install and train..give me a call 866-319-3334 Erick

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back