wavy sheets output from digital

ibler

Hi guys!

We just recently run a few thousand sheets on an ApeosPort C2200 (Fuji Xerox). After printing, i found out that the printed sheets were wavy both on the short end and the long end. We were printing both sides of the 100 gsm matte coated stock. 12x18.

Could this be because of the heat?

Thanks in advance!

Could this be because of the heat?

Yes.

Also, that machine does not have a straight paper path. The paper needs to make some turns to come from the paper trays, pass through the fuser and then come out.

Yes, heat would cause that.

Our C7000 has a decurler roll to limit this–I don't know if your machine has a manual decurling feature, so you should look into that.

We had a similar problem with our iGen3. It was limited to thin paper, 80# text, but there is apparently 2 heaters in the paper decks that heat the paper before it gets passed through the machine, for whatever reason, and Xerox disabled one of them to get the problem to go away.

Paper moisture

Paper moisture

I would also mention that you might want to consider investigating where your paper is stored. Too much, or not enough moisture also can contribute to this problem.

Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back