WebCenter workflows

MarcinR

Hello,
For those of you that are proficient in WebCenter workflows how did you go about learning it? We have someone from ESKO coming over next month but I'm trying to build a quick project with custom email notifications and was wandering if there was any material out there as ESKO's documentation only touches briefly on the concept.

I would like to find out if there is anything with examples and such.

Thank you.

Hello,
For those of you that are proficient in WebCenter workflows how did you go about learning it? We have someone from ESKO coming over next month but I'm trying to build a quick project with custom email notifications and was wandering if there was any material out there as ESKO's documentation only touches briefly on the concept.

Thank you.

Hi Marcin.

Check out these two:

Esko Help Center

http://wiki.esko.com

Regards,
/D

Hello,

Thank you.

While custom email notifications are possible, it is not easy or convenient. There is no email editor built in the software. You have to go under the hood and edit text files. I looked into it once and figured out that it was not worth the effort.

This being said, if you have the advanced lifecycle licenses you can use task workflows. In the task workflows you have the ability to use a send mail task (Like in AE). This easily allows you to create custom emails but they are only triggered when the task is run.

I have requested a GUI based email notification editor with Esko in the past. Not sure if they have plans on creating one or not.

The last chapter in this manual is email customization. (note: You may down load the PDF of this online manual by clicking the PDF icon in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage.)
Customization Guide

While custom email notifications are possible, it is not easy or convenient. There is no email editor built in the software. You have to go under the hood and edit text files. I looked into it once and figured out that it was not worth the effort.

This being said, if you have the advanced lifecycle licenses you can use task workflows. In the task workflows you have the ability to use a send mail task (Like in AE). This easily allows you to create custom emails but they are only triggered when the task is run.

I have requested a GUI based email notification editor with Esko in the past. Not sure if they have plans on creating one or not.

Thanks Jeff,
We've had our official training at this point and according to ESKO there is really no documentation that would explain the concept in detail. I understand it's all conditional and it all depends on your individual scenarios but with enough examples ranging from easy to advanced I wouldn't see a problem. But let's not forget the ESKO must be making $ somehow so this is a perfect candidate for their consulting services... so is the training. :p

Also, by custom emails I meant different points in the process where email is triggered (not the actual email templates). Sorry for confusion. But now after the training I see how this is being done with Task-based workflows.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The last chapter in this manual is email customization. (note: You may down load the PDF of this online manual by clicking the PDF icon in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage.)
Customization Guide

Thanks Peter!

Like I mentioned above the questions was about triggering emails at different stages in the process... but you already know that. :)

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back