what fountain solution are you currently using?

Hi!
We're using Journal Fount M-K, from Varn on a MAN UNISET 75 with turbo dampening.
Plates are FUJI negative polymer Brilia LP-NNW.
Exposition is made using a brand new (installed dec.2008) Fuji Luxel V8 HS machine, capable of outputting a maximum of 100 plates per hour.
Coldset inks from Flint.
Our results are somewhat inconsistent lately and we decided to try Meda Fount ULF from Varn and are also expecting samples from Sun Chemicals and MAN-Printcom (which are Fuji Hunt stuff mostly). Running tests currently with Vegra Violet. Incouraging but not exquisite so far.
Also using a Goss Community installation in the same plant.
Those use Journal Fount S-W from Varn.
Also Flint inks. Same plates and exposition as above.

i hate to bring this one back from the dead, but still haven't found what i want.
recently tried Allied ALL-Star single step and various doses and still not what i like.

anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?

What ink are you using? Does it happen on every unit? If all solutions are not doing the job look at the other factors. Try another ink. Have you checked packing with a proper gauge? Erase a spot on your plate background or hone it and clean with plate cleaner? Run your job and see if that spot still transfers ink to your blanket. Speak to your suppliers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back